Augmented and Virtual Reality Environments for Healthcare
View PDF | Save PDF
- S. Koby Taswell, Brian Hsiao, and Carl Taswell
- Brain Health Alliance, Ladera Ranch, California, USA
- Contemporary life with modern technology has benefited from dramatic advances with electronic devices including the rise in availability and quality of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) headsets capable of simulating environments for use in healthcare. By integrating AR/VR headsets into existing educational programs and medical therapies, we can enable new approaches for teaching students and delivering care to patients. This report provides definitions for AR and VR, reviews common device specifications, and discusses a variety of applications described in the biomedical engineering, healthcare, and telehealth literature.
- Augmented reality, virtual reality, healthcare, telehealth.
Brainiacs Journal 2020 Volume 1 Issue 1 Edoc GCF086AF4
- received 2020-12-21, published 2020-12-31
2020V1I1 | 2021V2I1 | 2022V3I1 | 2022V3I2 | 2023V4I1